Thursday, January 27, 2011

"The Ballerina" 20x24 Colored Pencils on Canson Mi-Tients paper

Let me first begin by saying that my Mother would be very happy to see this drawing up on my blog. I drew it for her 23 years ago in my art class. She was surprised that I could draw so well, but looking back during my childhood, I remember she was able to draw just as well. I guess my own talent comes from her. You must excuse the crumpled condition of the paper as you view this. I had it rolled up in a storage tube made for paper of this kind in order to protect it and it was somewhat difficult to lay it out flat to take the picture. The paper is actually a light beige in color,(which may not show up on some screens) and the dress is a gauze or satin like material in pinks, blues, and purple colors to show that its white. I think that at the time I was attracted to the dress and all the folds in it and of course, her pose as she adjusts the satin ties to her shoe before getting up to perform her next dance.

2 comments:

*~*Living, Laughing, Loving*~* said...

Awww this is beautiful!

Marie Flynn said...

Thank-you,I'm so glad you like it.

All the Best!
Marie