Saturday, April 09, 2011

"White Rose" 30x30 Acrylic on canvas


The White Rose painting is now finished. Its done in the way Georgia O'Keeffe painted her large flower paintings, only I painted it in my own realistic style. I used my own photo that I had of this flower and sketched it loosely on to the canvas. I then erased the pencil marks a little at a time as I was painting section by section. The paint covers the faded pencil marks I made previously. Its a good idea to use the best white paint color you can find on the market to cover the marks as best you can, because it can show through if your not careful. White can be transparent. The white of this flower is on the cool side and so I mixed paint colors in blues and greens and added touches of yellows just to give it some punch and a little warmth. I think an area of this painting I really find interesting are the leaves at the bottom. All in all, I'm pleased with the way this painting turned out.  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say how nice this painting looks. I like large close ups of flowers like this one.
A job well done!

Shop Lynda Anne said...

Incredible! Absolutely stunning and inspiring.

Marie Flynn said...

Thank you Lynda! Thanks for following and browsing my blog.