Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"Oranges" Colored Pencil Study on 11x14 Canson drawing paper


I just finished drawing these oranges that I had on my drafting table tonight. I borrowed a library book on colored pencil techniques and decided to give it a try. The book looked very interesting and the images appealed to me. This is the result. I really like the way it turned out. I find the oranges look more realistic using the methods that was suggested in the book. I drew these always late in the day so I could take advantage of this kind of light. It made the shadows longer and much stronger. I did change a few things that I wanted to do using my own methods of drawing and I also wanted to give the drawing a little of an abstract contemporary feel at the same time by using different colors to fill in the shadows. Giving it a more modern look, I think made it challenging and fun.

No comments: