Sunday, June 26, 2011

"Red Grapes" Colored Pencil Study on 9x12 Canson drawing paper


I finished my drawing this morning. When I got up, it was cloudy and raining and still is at the moment, so you must forgive me on the exposure of the image. It was an interesting challenge for me tackling these grapes. For one thing, as I was drawing one grape at a time, I was thinking, oh boy, I have 20 more to go, this may take some time to complete. But, it wasn't so bad and I was able to complete it in just a few days. I know that for some experienced artists, drawing time for them is faster. One thing is true about doing colored pencils, it's a slower medium that you just can't rush. You have to be relaxed and willing to take the time on your drawing, thinking things out thoroughly. My next drawing project will be oranges. I want to try to complete a fruit series and have them framed, all in the same type of frame so that they all match. That will be my new goal for the next little while.

4 comments:

Dayna said...

I LOVE the grapes! Very well done Marie.

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Dayna!

Karen said...

I can't imagine the patience you must have. I don't enjoy drawing and find it stressful so seeing the picture develope is a real treat.

Marie Flynn said...

Hi Karen, thanks so much for your comment, it means alot to me to know that you apprieciate seeing the work done in stages. It lets me know just how I'm doing creatively.