Sunday, July 17, 2011

"Found Objects and Yellow Daisies" 12x16 Colored Pencils on Canson drawing paper


My latest Still Life colored pencil drawing, features found objects that I picked up at a thrift store for under a dollar each. The small orange cup to the left is a pottery piece made by someone who obviously didn't like how their piece turned out. It looks a little crooked but I still like it and wanted to keep true to its form. The blue vase is also a hand made piece and the green vase is factory made and both are crooked as well. No matter, found objects together can make a nice drawing or painting. They add interest and make a pleasing composition by way of color and form. I added a few yellow daisies that I bought from the grocery store and voila! I enjoyed working on this drawing but I have to admit that with my busy schedule, it took over a week to complete and I was getting a little tired, and now, I am anxious to move on to something else. 

No comments: