Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Purple Iris" 5x7 Colored Pencils on Canson Mi-Tients Paper


I've just completed this new botanical pencil drawing of a Purple Iris and bud. I'm thinking that this could be the best floral drawing that I've done so far. It's the first of two botanical drawings that I am working on and both will be going to a silent auction to raise money for charity later this year.


Here it is matted and framed. The drawing looks pale from this photo at the moment but that's because I placed a piece of Vellum over the image to protect it until the auction. I put my signature and title of the drawing on the matte just slightly below the image. It keeps it clean of any writing on the drawing.
It looks so beautiful, that it will be hard for me to give it away when the time comes, but the money will go to a very good cause and it will be all worth it.

No comments: