Monday, August 01, 2011

"A Welcomed Guest" 20x20 Acrylic on canvas

This is my first attempt at painting a seascape with rocks. It looks somewhat abstract, and to me, not really my best work but I do like the composition and the bright colors in it. Looking at it now, I suppose it may not look so much like a vast ocean especially with the background land mass in the distance being so close, but I was thinking that it might thought of as a small part of the ocean landscape, such as part of an inlet or cove where you would find rocks such as these, with small waves crashing on them, on a windy day. The small dark grassy area behind the base of the rocks would make a good sheltering spot away from the wind and waves. The seagulls were an after thought. A touch of whimsy to add to the painting. If I had one, this piece would look nice on a wall in a summer cottage.     

No comments: