Sunday, January 06, 2013

Alberta Rose ~Double Bloom 10 x 12 Acrylic on Canvas






This Alberta Rose painting is the fourth in a series that I'm working on. I am hoping to accomplish at least eight more small floral paintings like this one, all featuring different types of flowers. It's going to be a challenge to say the least and difficult for me to remain focused on just one subject, but I'll have to give it a try. I hope you like this flower, it's the floral emblem of Alberta, Canada, measuring just a couple of inches and it grows wild just about everywhere. A Real Beauty!


2 comments:

Dayna said...

This is a beautiful, beautiful painting Marie. I like that the leaves right around the flowers seem to glow and then fade a bit darker towards the edges of the painting. It gives the painting a dreamy quality.

Marie Flynn said...

Thank you Dayna,I was noticing from the photo I used that the light was actually coming in from just behind the roses and shining on selective leaves. That caught my interest and was one of the reason's for painting it.