Sunday, February 02, 2014

Forever Lasting ~ wedding bouquet & rings 16 x 20 Acrylic on Canvas


Late last year, I had been asked to do a painting for a couple who wanted to have something to remind them of their special day. I was given several photos of everything seen here in this painting to work with and because I learned that the couple favored a more vintage appearance, I worked to paint this piece in an old world Renaissance style. As I was painting this piece casually over a span of a few months, it became more apparent to me of it's symbolic message. The flowers in the bouquet are the bride and groom's favorites, the boutonniere worn on the groom's jacket lapel is shown in the background, both ring's entwined in a love embrace and even the table cloth for me is not a table cloth but part of the bride's wedding dress flowing underneath. All of it symbolic of a special day that once was.   

2 comments:

Peter LeTourneux said...

Love it, Marie!

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Peter!