Sunday, March 16, 2014

French Cafe 16 x 20 Acrylic on Canvas



And now for something completely different,..That is for me!

I've been watching some online painting courses lately from well known and prominent artists and painting a French Cafe was one of the courses being presented. Since I didn't have an image of my own to use, I didn't want to use the same image as the instructor, so I looked one up on the net. I found this one, which is a real cafe somewhere in France. I couldn't resist painting such a lovely place. I was immediately drawn to paint it mostly for it's bold colours and pleasing composition. It required a lot of colour mixing and much looser brush strokes, which was something I'm not so use to doing most of the time. Because I hadn't painted buildings before or a street scene for that matter, it was a good experience to give it a try. Painting lessons on the Internet can be interesting and worth trying out for the experience of learning something new from the comfort of home. I'm pleased how the painting looks, it reminds me of a page out of a children's story book, you know the one's. Enjoy!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

Marie, I love the French cafe. Good job!

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Georgia! Glad you like it!