Monday, May 23, 2011

"Banana Trio" 9x12 Colored Pencil Study on Strathmore Pastel Paper


I really like this colored pencil drawing of bananas that I did yesterday. I drew it from life on my drafting table. I bought a new drawing pad from my art supply store and a few new pencils to try out. The paper pad is very nice. The paper has a medium tooth to it and comes in very nice pastel colors, which I think acts as a nice compliment to the colors in the artwork. Because the drawing is still in the pad, the store clerk suggested I place tracing paper on top of it to protect it until I'm ready to use a fixative on it. I think that's a very good idea and one that I haven't thought of before, especially for my pencils which are oil based.
I am feeling more confident now with my pencils and I am already thinking about doing a still life arrangement of fruit on a table as one of my future colored pencil drawings. A big project!  I'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Love this one! I like the green in the bananas and all the detail at the tips. Very nice.

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Dayna, I really like the bananas as well,I may try doing more fruit drawings.
All the best!