Saturday, May 14, 2011

"The Perfect Pepper" 8x10.5 Colored Pencil Study on Canson Classic Cream Drawing Paper


One day last week, as I was planning dinner, I asked my husband to go to the grocery store and pick up a pepper. When he returned, he proudly handed me the pepper, calling it "The Perfect Pepper". It did look perfect and I admit I was hard pressed to cut it up because I had visions to paint it instead. Needless to say, I held it back from my dinner plans and the next day I drew it.  It has been a very long time since I picked up my colored pencils again. I wasn't sure if I was going to pull it off. There were some things that I had learned from the past that I had forgotten but at the same time, I realized just how much I enjoyed drawing with them. I think that this was the perfect subject to practise with and I will try to post more drawings in the future. Maybe by then my skills with colored pencils will improve. As for this pepper, it tasted great!

No comments: