Saturday, July 23, 2011

"Carnation" 9x12 Colored Pencil Study on Strathmore Pastel Paper

A few days ago, I bought a small bunch of carnations. As I was preparing to place them in a vase, I remembered seeing those beautiful books on flowers that are drawn by botanical artists. They are flowers drawn in intricate detail on white paper. I really love seeing those types of drawings and in my own attempt to try to acheive in producing the same kind of floral art as the experts, I chose a single carnation out of the bunch, held it in my hand and began to draw it with my colored pencils. It's not that easy to keep on holding it while drawing, but I was able to manage it. Anyway, this is the result. Not too bad, I think!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi

Love the colours and detail in this peaceful piece! Keep up the great work.

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks so much for your comment. I'm glad you like this piece.