Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"Granny Apple Trio" 11x14 Colored Pencil Study on Canson Paper


Oh no, more fruit! Yes, more fruit. I'm having alot of fun drawing fruit with my colored pencils these days. They are actually relatively simple to draw as you don't have to get the shapes down perfectly. Although, the lone apple on the left does look more like a kiwi then an apple. Now there's a thought! Ah! Just kidding!  The hard and tedious part of coloring is all the layering as you know. That takes more time and effort in order to make them look real. If you are wondering what kind of colored pencils I use, not to sound like an advert, but I like using Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencils. They are oil based pencils and don't produce a wax bloom on your work. I do have some other varieties of colored pencils that I sometimes use but Faber works best for me. As for my next post, I did a little painting with my acrylics and I'm just finishing  that now. And, no, its not fruit.  Stay turned for the next one.  

2 comments:

Dayna said...

This is a beautiful one. Maybe my new favourite!

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Dayna!