Tuesday, June 21, 2011

"Apple Trio" 11x14 Colored Pencil Study on Canson Drawing Paper


These apples may look a little odd, and that's because they were a little odd looking. I had acquired them at the front desk of my hotel in Victoria while on vacation. The hotel always keeps a bowl of fresh apples for hotel guests to take with them to their rooms or when going out. It's a thoughtful and appreciated service.
I began drawing these while on vacation and then ended up finishing them after I got home. The look of the apples themselves are what inspired me to draw them. Their skins were heavily veined with yellow patches on them, as well as having odd shapes. They made for interesting subjects to draw or paint. I like how this drawing seems to have an abstract quality to it. 
Soon I'll be thinking about what to do next, more veggies maybe?
  

2 comments:

http://karen-oliver.blogspot.com/ said...

Love the effect of using pencils! Very interesting lines, colours and shapes. Thanks as well for the kind, thoughtful and encouraging comments on my blog. I haven't figured out how to respond on my blog yet and wanted you to know your art and comments are always a delight. Karen Oliver

Marie Flynn said...

Thank you so much karen. I am so glad I found your blog as well. I am a big fan of your work!

Marie