Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Comox Harbour,Looking East" 16x20 Acrylic on canvas


I'm still on vacation at the moment and it's great that our hotel has free Wi-Fi connection for the Internet. I'm taking advantage of it and posting this commissioned painting I did about 2 years ago for a couple who live in the Comox region on Vancouver Island. I had a chance to take a picture of it which is hung up in their living room. What luck, I thought! The painting is taken from Comox Harbour, at the east end of the harbour where you can see just a few sailing boats, a forested area and the mountains in the distance. At the time, I was standing on the docks when I took the picture which was close to 9pm in the evening in August and the sun was just setting in the west. I remembered how lovely the whole scene looked at the time. I'm glad I now have the chance to show this painting on my blog, hope you like it.

No comments: