Tuesday, November 08, 2011

"A Work in Progress & Sunday in the Studio"


It seems that it has been a few weeks since my last posting and I thought that I should try to put something in soon or run the risk of having no one visiting my blog. I haven't forgotten my blog but lately, I've been very busy with other things that forced me to put aside doing my art work for a little while. I've recently started this colored pencil drawing of Roses, working on it every now and then when I have some free time.  I started up an art group a little more than a month ago and we get together every Sunday afternoon in a rented Studio space close to down town. Each artist work on their art in the studio for a 3 hour period.  I've been bringing my rose drawing for the last couple of weeks to the Studio and wondering if I'll ever finish it. I'm working on it slowly.  I do like how it looks so far and I hope to have it posted soon.


The Studio we rented above is in the Kensington area of the city. It's a trendy neighbourhood of artists and artisans, cafes, shops and restaurants. The studio is well lit and is comfortable to work in. 


The other side of the studio space.


This lovely lady is my artist friend, Kate.  She loves to paint horses, which you can see the horse painting she's currently working on, on the easel beside her. She's very good!


Another lovely lady in my group is my artist friend, Dayna. She's an expert watercolorist, among other artistic endeavors.


I'm suppose to be in this photo but I didn't want to disturb anyone into taking my picture so instead I took a picture of my workspace and supplies. I was really there! Honest! Next Sunday, I'll have to get someone to agree to take my picture.  That's all for now.




4 comments:

Dayna said...

Great post Marie, I like the shots of the studio that you got!

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Dayna,it's nice to be able to work in a studio like this one.

Karen Oliver said...

Thanks for the view of the work space and your inspiring friends. Looks like some wonderful work will be done there. I used the link to Dayna's blog and enjoyed reading about her art journey as well.

Marie Flynn said...

Thanks Karen, we are having so much fun in this studio space and I know Dayna will be happy to know you visited her blog.