Monday, January 10, 2011

"Sun Splendor" 14x18 Acrylic on canvas

My work in progress painting is finished. It was something new for me to show the work in stages and to post those stages on my blog. What I noticed and perhaps liked about doing this was the fact that I didn't have to rush to post a new painting right away and it allowed me to take more time to work on this one.
The flowers for this painting came from a photo I took of one of the large flower beds that is situated in front of the city hall building in the downtown core. Every spring, landscaping crews plant large arrays of beautiful flowers and plants in beds and pots all around the grounds. Its quite a splashy display of color every year.
Now that I've painted these flowers, I am looking forward to warmer spring weather already. I like this painting. Hope you do to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this painting, it turned out really fantastic!!!!

Think you should do more of these. B.C. Calgary

Marie Flynn said...

Thank you,I certainly will try to paint more of these during the year. All the best!

Marie

Peter said...

Very nice indeed, well done!

Marie Flynn said...

Thank you Peter, I'm so glad you like this painting!