Saturday, January 14, 2012

"Who's been eating my apple?" Still life, 16x20 Acrylic on canvas


Whenever January rolls in and a new year begins, I'm already thinking about Spring and Summer. Reminding me of warm weather, flower gardens and just sitting on the deck, enjoying a cool drink. And just as the warm weather ends, later in the year, I'm thinking about Autumn, it's warm colors, eating apples and knowing that the flowers in the garden will eventually fall and die.  A kind of cycle in our lives that we all adhere to. There's a lot of symbolism here. But what I want to show as well is the style of this painting, which borders in my view, between Surrealism and Realism. I wanted to show the space around the objects, drawing attention to each of them. Reflected light, shadows caused by the sun or other light source and an overall airiness represented by the openness of the sky. These are elements that I'm most attracted to and hope that I've captured it in this painting. Hope you agree.



No comments: