Wednesday, July 17, 2013

The Alberta Flood Rose Project ~ My Entries 1



These are just a few of my entries to The Alberta Flood Rose Project.

As you know, the City of Calgary and the southern half of Alberta suffered a devastating flood on June 21st, 2013.  The project invites all artists in Alberta to commit to sending in, a small 4"x 4" piece of wall art that depicts the province's floral emblem, The Wild Rose. Each small works of art will then be arranged in groups of 100 and framed together as larger collection pieces. The collection will be on display in various locations throughout the city and then they will be auctioned off and the proceeds going to The Red Cross for flood relief. I had fun painting these little gems and I'm happy to be one of many participating artists in this great project. Hope they will bring lots money to a good cause!

1 comment:

Karen Oliver said...

These are lovely Marie, I like the large rose the best. Where can I find information on this project?