Friday, October 01, 2010

"In The Middle of Nowhere" 20x28 Acrylic on canvas


I finally finished this painting that I had on my easel in my studio. The area that took the longest to complete was the grass. The inspiration for this painting came from a photo I took around April of this year, while driving out to the Town of Okotoks, just south of Calgary. I drove by a farmers field and in the distance was this small house, just out in the middle of nowhere. With the mountains in the background and the sun shining on the house, it made for a nice picture. I later found out that the house is actually a storage shed used by the farmers to store small farm equipment or bales of hay or anything else needed to work the fields. There are many of these dotting the Alberta Landscape. I hope you find this painting interesting as I do. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,I really like this one.
Good job!

Anonymous said...

This painting looks very nice. It has a quiet solitude about it. I like it very much.