Sunday, October 24, 2010

"No Name Road" 20x30 Acrylic on canvas


This is my newest painting. I've been working on this for the last two weeks. Its very detailed and at this point, I'm not sure if adding more details to it would help it any further, but here it is. I took a photo of this old dirt road a few weeks ago, while out on a drive in the Foothills of the Rockies, just west of the city. I came upon this area by chance and noticed how beautiful this little tree lined road looked with its small crooked fence and grassy area on one side and large trees on the other, it looked perfect for a camera picture. It was a clear sunny autumn day and the foothills in the distance looked almost a bright blue with patches of trees with their leaves turning yellow. I really like this painting, as I hope you do as well. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like this painting. The colors are gorgeous and good sense of depth as you follow the road.
Love it!

Bhavna said...

What a beautiful painting! I can imagine how lovely it must look in reality - perfectly captured.

Marie Flynn said...

Thank you Bhavna! I'm so glad you stopped by to visit my blog and that you like this painting.
Marie