Friday, December 09, 2011

" Blue Iris and Oriental Poppy" 5 x 7 each Colored Pencil on Stonehenge Drawing Paper




I must apologize again for the poor quality of these photos, but I was in a bit of a rush taking them with my camera and fumbling with the settings before heading out of the house Wednesday morning. I was taking these two framed drawings to the Silent Auction at my workplace before 9am. The money from the proceeds are to go to a charity organization in Calgary that looks after the homeless.  These two colored pencil drawings are the second set of drawings that I decided to donate to the auction as oppose to the first set that I posted earlier in my blog. I also decided to change things a little from the first set, to the second set, which I think makes them look much better overall. Wednesday at the auction, the bid on these two did quite well. I was not expecting them to go as high as I thought they would for small drawings such as these. They are only 5"x7" each inside the matting and they went to the final bidder at $80.00 for the pair. I suppose they could have raised more money if they had separate bids placed on them, but my intention was to keep them together as a pair. The most important thing in the end is that the money went to a very good cause. That's what really matters.





2 comments:

Karen Oliver said...

What a beautiful set! I am sure the new owner will have a special place for them. I too, put in aution items at my workplace Christmas party, painted wine glasses, cards of my art and a framed painting. I thought the painting might have gone for more but the intention was any money would help the food bank and the orphanage in Ghana. It is just good karma.

Keep up the great work!

Marie Flynn said...

Good karma indeed! Glad that we both are able to contribute to worthy causes such as these.
Thanks Karen.