Saturday, July 30, 2011

"A Quite Corner" 24x24 Acrylic on canvas


This painting is from a photo that I had of one of the gardens, at 3 Valley Gap in B.C. My husband and I were passing by along the Trans-Canada highway on our way home from vacation in June of this year. We often stop there to take a few photos and enjoy the view of the lake before continuing on. There's a large hotel there and anyone who has ever stopped or stayed there, can appreciate the wonderful work they do with the gardens. It's well worth the stop. I would say that it is a floral painter's haven. You can spend a lot of time there painting small quite sections of the flower beds or painting the great views of the lake and surrounding mountains. I was just thinking that this area would make a nice destination to go to, to attend a painting workshop. Any artist's out there listening!  As for this painting, it's painted loosely and I just had to capture the Lupins in it, which were huge at the time I photographed them. It reminds me of a Gauguin style painting. I will have to do more garden paintings, they're fun to do and a real challenge at the same time. 

No comments: